New Year’s Eve Décor Ideas: Classy, Sophisticated, Glamorous
We love Christmas for being a little (or a lot) over-the-top. But when it comes to planning the New Year’s party, I like to turn to a more understated, classy look. Here are some tips for styling a sophisticated gathering with a touch of glamour:
1. Simplicity. Look for simple, strong shapes in your décor and opt for less rather than more. A few elegant pieces on your table and around the home will do the trick.
2. Repetition. Ever noticed how piles of white towels make hotels feel upscale? Try it with any simple repeating theme.
3. Candles. Add warmth by grouping chunky pillar candles or tea lights in simple glass holders. White is always good for understated chic.
4. Nature. Go for bare wooden tables and basic linens. Branches, moss, and plants potted in glass containers add mystique.
5. Flowers. Think dark evergreens and a few key accents – or go with a monochromatic palette. Here are some examples of winter pieces I’ve done for some lovely local clients:
6. Magic. The sparkle in your eye, the sound of champagne glasses, your favourite tune in the background. You know what to do…
Happy New Year!